Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free 3 Tips On How To Avoid Drain Blockage
Having A Blocked Drainage System At Unexpected Times Is An Awful Thing To Deal With. Apart from it being unsightly, the possibility of it posing safety and health risks and even causing flood, air pollution and leakage abound. But it can be avoided, through maintenance.
Drains that are clogged are due to debris accumulation as well as tree root intrusions, grease or small objects getting stuck in the drain. Clogged drainage systems can happen in both your house and in the main lines.
If You Stay Faithful To These Fourteen Rules, You Can Help Stop Your Drains From Blocking
1. Use a plunger to remove minor clogs quickly and easily.
2. Clear the debris from under your bathtub stoppers a couple of times per week. Don't forget to wash the stopper before setting it back into the tub.
3. If You And Your Family Shed A Lot Of Hair, Check For A Mesh Barrier To Prevent Hair From Getting Caught In The Drain. Just like you don't let food particles go down the kitchen drain, you shouldn't let your hair get into, and clog, the bath drain.
4. Consider brushing out hair before getting in the shower to cut down on drain clogging caused by loose hair.
5. Call a plumber to cover your drains with grates When Getting Your Drains Cleaned, Use A Drain Cleaner That Is Anti - Bacterial And Which Is Not Corrosive.
6. Plant flowers and trees away from your pipes to prevent their roots growing into your drains.
7. Go into a yearly contract with a drainage company, so that, even without calling on them, you can benefit from occasional inspections and servicing of your drainage system. Drainage Hertfordshire in Hertfordshire is a leading company that can provide such benefits. Teach and instruct other members of your house on drainage maintenance guidelines.
8. Don't use chemical cleaners They will damage your pipes in the long run.
9. Stop Treating Your Drain Like A Dustbin. Dumping materials into it is a no - no.
10. Do not pour the following down the drain cosmetics, medicine, condoms, hair, gum, rice, meat, coffee, fat, oil and grease.
11. In short, the only thing that you are supposed to allow down your sink drain is water For your toilet; water, urine and faeces.
12. Form A Hook At The End Of A Wire Hanger Which You Straightened, Slip The Hook Past The Cover Of Your Drain And Use This For Fishing Out Drain Gunk.
13. Pour hot saltwater down your sink from time to time to clear out accumulation of grease.
14. As this is not a fully comprehensive list of dos and don'ts, there are several other things you could do. The main thing is to never use acidic solutions.
In the event that you tried all the tips mentioned here but still have trouble with your drain and have no contact details of any drain company, do not damage your drain by applying too much force to it Don's worry about it and call a plumber to have a look. Technicians at Drainage Hertfordshire in Hertfordshire are among the best you can turn to for your drainage system needs.